Unleash TACSF!

Click - > !HERE! < - to Unleash The Alphabetic Content Selector Feature!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

UFC 113 Predictions

These are my predictions for the upcoming mma event UFC 113 Shogun VS Machida 2

Josh Koscheck VS Paul Daley

Though an excellent wrestler and a striker who shows constant willingness to improve in the standup position, Koscheck has shown difficulties so far when put together with notoriously dangerous punchers. Thiago Alves was able to take apart Koscheck, and I expect nothing less-, in fact, I expect more from Paul "Semtex" Daley, who lands his nuclear bombs with relentless precision and a tendency to find a home for those as soon as possible. As much as it would be nice to see a Koscheck who is able to offer relevant surprises for the immensely talented Brit, I fail to spot these possibilities right now and tend to think that Daley's efficiently positioned intensity and related raw power will earn him yet another impressive knockout victory, let alone the prestigious trophy I anticipate Koscheck to end up as this time. I am more than ready to be mistaken, though.

Kimbo Slice VS Matt Mitrione

A truly friendly and spiritual character, former YouTube phenom Kimbo Slice still struggles to prove himself as a professional level mma fighter, now that he is officially one of those. This here matchup that puts him against fellow-, former Ultimate Fighter contestant Matt Mitrione may seem like it has some promise in it in theory, but, in reality, my impression of Slice currently is that of a fighter who is superfervent at gassing out quickly, - sic! - and, regardless of his respectable urge to add new tools to his arsenal, prefers to wrap the confrontation up on the feet, switching to sloppy, non-impressive desperation mode when no home can be found for the bombs he is keen at releasing. Matt Mitrione, a man with the luscious psychotic tendencies he openly nurtures and discusses about, has all the chance in the world to put Kimbo away, as result of his - Mitrione's - massive punishment resistance, something Slice seems to lack currently. I expect Mitrione to knock Kimbo out.

Lyoto Machida VS Mauricio Rua

Seeing how their previous meeting went down, I feel and - frankly - hope that Shogun might once again emerge as the better fighter, as he did in the former collision, in my opinion. You have to - convincingly, decisively - beat the man to be the man though, and now it remains interesting to see if UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida brings an antidote against those vicious legkicks, or once again brings but the mere hunger-, and related landing zones for them. I tend to think that both fighters will exhibit an exceptionally cautious approach once again, though with the constant possibility present of turning the valve all the way to the right incorporated to their respective gameplay. Machida has a whole lot to prove in this fight, as many fans have been disappointed in his performance, while Shogun has "not much more" to do than what he did earlier, except for doing it "just a little" more or, - better scenario: more. This is a fight with myriad aspects worth looking forward to, and, though I am a Machida fan as well, I am with the Shogun this time, as I feel he got robbed previously, and remain ready to see him claim the Belt I feel already is belonging to him right now. If, on the other hand, Machida comes with the agenda and the consorting gameplan of negating Shogun AND will prove his ability to accomplish that, then my amazement of his skills will be complete once again.


Check out videos I made on YouTube:
Videos I made on YouTube

If you enjoyed this here article, check out my comic: Planetseed
If you are to circulate magnificently pleasant vibrations: Buy me Beer




WTF?!

1 comment:

LDUTheCoach said...

nice write up!!
I don’t know about all of you, but this is a rematch I have been waiting for, for a long, long time!! Shogun will finally get what he rightly deserves!!! Don’t get me wrong though Machida could do it up… hopefully this time without controversy if he does win… for a poll, preview and prediction for all fights at UFC 113 click: http://www.lionsdenu.com/ufc-113-machida-vs-shogun-2-preview-predictions/
This card is STACKED!! Shogun, Machida, Koscheck, Daley, Stout, Stevens, Kimbo, Cote… IT NEVER ENDS!! Who’s everyone got winning?