Unleash TACSF!

Click - > !HERE! < - to Unleash The Alphabetic Content Selector Feature!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

UFC 112 Predictions

These are my predictions for the primal matchups of the upcoming mma event UFC 112.

Anderson Silva VS Demian Maia

In my opinion, reigning UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva will want to keep this fight on the feet, strictly refusing to spend time on the ground with the exceptionally talented Jiu-Jitsu prodigy, who is notorious of putting away even the most fierce warriors when handling them downstairs. Silva is not a fighter who is keen at taking risks, he fights with the intact, rational agenda of eliminating the rival with the least possible effort required and exhibited. Regardless how this earned the momentary dissatisfaction of the crowd previously, Silva refused to go to the ground with Thales Leites, and will probably be ready to do so again when subjected to the imminent ground threats of even higher caliber which Maia could introduce to him. It is unlikely that the Challenger will be able to pose as a threat against The Spider in the standup position though: in my opinion, Silva solidly wins this on the feet.

BJ Penn VS Frankie Edgar

Challenger Frankie Edgar is as fervent as they come, but that only never was enough so far to take BJ Penn down - unless you are George St. Pierre, that is. Mini-steam machine Frankie Edgar is not, though: while I expect a decent fight out of him against The Prodigy, I do not think that he is ready against The Little Buddha yet. Hopefully Edgar will be able to offer more than Joe Stevenson did against Penn, but I expect him - Edgar - to be less efficient against The Champion than highly analytical Kenny Florian was. I see BJ Penn coming out of this in a dominating fashion, actually, I would be surprised if Edgar would be able to catch Penn with a red hand. Phun intended. BJ Penn wins this solidly.

Matt Hughes VS Renzo Gracie

This is a tough nut to crack, as I have no knowledge about the fighting style of Renzo Gracie at all, except for the fact of course that he is one of the most respected Jiu Jitsu Masters of the planet and a mythic face of early days mma. My curiosity in him: is complete. As Matt Serra have said, and, in my opinion, said correctly, Matt Hughes really is a one trick pony, who does that one trick superbly: he takes you down, giving you that bonus punch you can land on him in the process, then grinds through you via relentless ground and pound or a submission. This will go to the ground rather quickly, as both fighters will have the probable willingness to invite a conclusion at low quarters. This truly is a blind pick, but I'm going with The Renzo, as it would be nice to see how Jiu-Jitsu Wizardry prevails - but I'm ready to put on a hat just to be able to take that off to salute the highly-, nevertheless humorously egoistical Mr. Hughes in case he is able to pull the victor off that day.

Check out videos I made on YouTube:
Videos I made on YouTube

If you enjoyed this here article, check out my comic: Planetseed
If you are to circulate magnificently pleasant vibrations: Buy me Beer




WTF?!

No comments: